Trade Huntington Bancshares Inc.
Huntington Bankshares Incorporated is a holding bank based in Columbus, Ohio. The company ranks 524th on the Fortune 500 list and ranks 39th on the list of the largest banks in the United States. Banking Subsidiary, Huntington National Bank, operates 920 banking offices, primarily in the Midwest: 459 in Ohio, 290 in Michigan, 51 in Pennsylvania, 45 in Indiana, 35 in Illinois, 29 in West Virginia, and 10 in Kentucky. In January 2009, the Bank's Board of Directors appointed Steve Steinor as chairman, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors, replacing Thomas Hoglan, who retired after eight years in those positions. The company is the second largest small business loan builder. P. W. Huntington formed P. W. Huntington & Co. in 1866, operating in the northwest corner of high and wide streets. Huntington built the first five-story building in 1878, on the southwest corner of the intersection. Four out of five Sons of P. W. will become partners during the 1890s and early 1900s. Huntington died in 1918 shortly after the bank was handed over to his sons. Francis Huntington became president and provided him with active leadership for 14 years. In 1915, the Bank received limited confidence powers. In 1922, the Bank received full confidence powers from the Federal Reserve system. In 1923, Huntington bought columbus-based state savings bank, trust company and Hayden Clinton National Bank from Columbus, swelling its capital base. In 1958, Huntington acquired On the Columbus-based Market Exchange Bank. In 1962, Huntington acquired both the First National Bank of Grove City and the People's Bank of Winchester Canal. In 1963, Huntington acquired both Columbus Savings Bank and Columbus-based Northern Savings Bank. In 1966, Huntington Punchers Incorporated (HBI) was established as a banking holding company.